*Supported HDR formats are limited by the maximum bitrate of 18 Gbps in the HDMI 2.0 standard
The MX2-8×8-HDMI20-Audio-L is an HDMI 2.0 compatible, standalone matrix switcher that supports uncompromised 4K UHD resolution at 60Hz 4:4:4.
Thanks to its compact size and silent design, it is particularly suitable for offices and meeting rooms, for 4K live events, and for futureproof operation centers. It is also a perfect choice for home theater enthusiasts who demand the highest quality along with HDMI 2.0 and 4K@60Hz video signals. This standalone product has 8 HDMI 2.0 inputs and 8 HDMI 2.0 outputs transmitting up to 4K at 60Hz in 4:4:4 format, while supporting 3D, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. Each input port has an audio connector for embedding analog audio into the HDMI stream. The audio connectors next to the output ports can provide deembedded audio for amplifiers and audio systems; the output volume is adjustable.
The product has recently undergone external redesign resulting in a 100 mm longer chassis depth. There are also some changes in features and services since the original release of the device: input cable compensation is improved, allowing longer cable runs, while the power source inside the matrix is also more powerful. There is more robust reclocking applied to improve weaker 4K input signals.
The MX2-8×8-HDMI20-Audio-L matrix switcher supports both HDR and Dolby Vision in the HDMI signal at 10 or 12 bit speeds respectively, within its frame bandwidth of 18 Gbps.
* Please note that only stereo LPCM can be de-embedded from the HDMI signal.
- Audio embedding and de-embedding
- Audio embedding (or replace original audio)
- Adjustable analog audio settings (volume, gain, balance)
- Splitting of 4K UHD at 60Hz to two output ports with left and right half of the original video
- Front to back cooling airflow
- Active fan cooling
- Compact and silent design
- 5-pole Phoenix balanced analog audio connectors
- Directly mountable in 19″ rack
- Built-in universal power supply
- HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4 compliant with cross conversion capabilities
- HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4 compliant
- HDCP enable/disable function on input
- Multiple TCP/IP connections
- Advanced EDID Management
- Save and reload full crosspoint configurations as preset
- Front panel LCD menu and buttons for crosspoint control
- Intuitive control software for device configuration
- Device control via Ethernet (TCP/IP), RS-232 and USB
- CEC support (command injection)
- Fully non-blocking switching architecture
- Built-in website for device configuration
- Supports HDMI 4K signal formats (4K UHD @60Hz RGB 4:4:4, up to 18 Gbps)
- HDMI 2.0, HDMI 1.4 and DVI 1.0 compliant
- HDR and Dolby Vision support*
- Color subsampling option on outputs (4:4:4 to 4:2:0 downconversion)
- Pixel Accurate Reclocking
- No video compression
- Firmware upgrade through Ethernet
- Supports all embedded audio formats (including PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS high bitrate audio)
- Uncompressed video up to 18 Gbps datarate (600 MHz pixel clock)
- No signal latency, zero frame delay